The Sales Development Representative is primarily responsible for maintaining and penetrating current customer base to build pipelines and close deals through inbound lead follow-up and outbound calls. The Sales Development Representative will reach business targets through excellent telephone sales and communications skills
Normal work schedule will be approximately Monday - Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Convert Transactional customers and close deals while maintaining established sales quotas.
- Strong phone presence and experience in dialing dozens of calls per day
- B2B Outbound Calling
- Qualify opportunities involving multiple key decision makers.
- Effectively conduct pre-call planning, maintain call control, and progress in account development.
- Build and maintain lasting relationships with customers to build pipelines and close deals.
- Occasionally travel and attend sales events or exhibits.
- Self-motivate, and work with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- Meet Daily metrics
- Proven Inside Sales Experience
- Work individually and as part of a team.
- Operate with a high level of integrity and work ethic.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of: Sales processes, outbound selling, marketing techniques, B2B outbound calling, customer service and order procedures, proper phone etiquette, computer and telephone operations. Experience with customer relationship management software.
Skills: Exceptional verbal communication and presentation skills; excellent listening skills; strong written skills, proficiency in Excel.
Ability to: Read, write, comprehend mathematical formulas & structures, perform mathematical calculations, understand and attain daily metrics for performance, communicate effectively verbally and in writing, handle multiple tasks, follow directions and work safely in office environment.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Office 95%, Travel 5%; some lifting, up to 30 pounds.
A. Education (preferred level): High school diploma. Associates’ degree preferred.
- At least 1 year sales/customer service experience, preferably in the PPE industry
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Solid experience in pre-call planning, call control, account development, and time management.
- Demonstrate ability to research accounts, identify key players and generate interest
- Ability to convert prospects and close deals while maintaining established sales metrics.
- Must be capable of sitting for extended periods of time.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, and proficient in Excel.Preferred experience with SAP software.