Today’s safety managers, safety specialists, EHS officers, and industrial hygienists are strapped for time. From investigating accidents to evaluating workplace environments and maintaining hygiene programs, there is just not enough time in one day. These professionals keep people safe at work, and their work efforts allow thousands of workers to return home safely every day.
Finding time is not easy, but when you have it, you do not want to waste time finding where to go.
Keeping people safe is also what we do at MCR Safety. We Protect People! Since we share the responsibility of keeping workers safe, we have picked out some of the best safety resources to share with you.
Here is a look at the top available safety resources all in one spot for you. Enjoy!
Certifications and Safety Associations
All safety professionals need certifications and guidance. Here are some of the leading safety certifications.
- The Board of Certified Safety Professionals started in 1969, and its primary purpose is to certify practitioners in the safety profession.
- NASP/IASP provides training, consultative services, and valuable workplace safety knowledge.
- ISEA is the leading association for personal protective equipment and technologies.
LinkedIn Safety Groups
Groups provide opportunities for discussion. Here are the LinkedIn groups with a large number of members:
- This group is for those who manage, supervise, or consult on workplace safety and has over 100,000 members.
- This group is for designers, construction workers, and E-professionals interested in environmental health and safety management in the construction industry.
- This networking group is for safety and loss prevention, regulatory, health, industrial hygiene, environment, quality, sustainability, and security professionals.
- This group is intended to be a place for environmental health and safety professionals to network, collaborate and reach out for help and advice from their peers.
- The above link is an online discussion group for the ASSP, the oldest and largest professional safety organization.
All Safety Manager Videos
YouTube is a fantastic source of free videos, from introductory talks to in-depth tutorials on particular topics. If you are reading about something but can’t quite visualize it, a quick search for videos on the topic will usually provide you with precisely what you need. Here are the safety videos coming in with the most views:
- This 10-minute introduction by Carl Potter covers the roles that people play in creating a safe work environment.
- This half-hour training covers completing a job safety analysis, from understanding when a JSA should be done to the granular details of how the process works on the job.
- This 45-minute talk presented by Don Groover at the 2016 NGFA Grain Journal Safety and Grain Quality Conference tackles how good leadership can create a culture in which safer practices become an everyday reality. It is a must-watch for anyone struggling to implement a safety program without creating contention between workers and management.
- BBC Northern Ireland has a wonderful series for students on how to “make it” in different industries. It's a short interview about what it’s like to start a health and safety job.
- At 45 minutes, this video offers a much more in-depth look into what the role of a safety manager entails as it follows Cesar Martinez through a day on the job. It's an excellent resource for learning more about what that might entail for people considering a career change in the health and safety field.
While there are plenty of amazing one-off videos on the internet, subscribing to a particular channel that regularly posts good information about a topic that is interesting to you (in this case, that is worksite safety) is often handy.
- The official YouTube channel of Safety+Health Magazine includes free webinars on a wide variety of health and safety topics, including PPE, common safety concerns, and first aid.
- In a hurry but want to share a reminder about safety? These quick, 2-minute introductions to various safety topics are just the ticket. They cover everything from entering and exiting vehicles to avoiding heat stress to the dangers of coming to work hungover.
- We had to point out our very own YouTube channel. From D30 innovative technology to Max 6 technology, with 6X greater anti-fog properties, we keep you updated on the latest safety products changing the industry.
Safety professionals must keep up with the latest safety trends, review new technologies, and network with other safety leaders. Here are some of the most attended safety shows:
- ASSP is a leading resource for safety professionals. They have a long-standing reputation for delivering high-quality safety and health education. Over 300 speakers present on topics ranging from risk management to ergonomics to product safety.
- The National Safety Council has been a safety advocate for over 100 years. It is one of the most trusted sources of occupational safety. MCR Safety will be in Houston this October, booth 2024.
- This member-based organization of more than 2,300 companies strives for occupational and health excellence. MCR Safety will be in Nashville this September at booth 600.
Sitting down with a magazine is still preferred by many safety professionals. The high-quality content is reason enough. Here are the ones MCR Safety endorses.
- Founded in 1938, EHS Today is a leading US magazine and resource for health and safety management professionals.
- Industrial Safety & Hygiene News is delivered monthly to over 70,000 safety professionals. Their online safety resources are world-class.
- Occupational Health & Safety has served the safety market for over 86 years.
- This well-respected magazine offers comprehensive national coverage of safety-related topics to over 86,000 subscribers.
While many see stand-alone forums as old-fashioned, these resources can still be an excellent tool for getting answers to your health and safety-related questions.
- The public forum for the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health focuses primarily on the UK. However, the information will generally be the same when it comes to best practices.
- Sometimes, the best advice isn’t general safety advice, it’s specific to your industry. Turning to forums such as the Practical Machinist forum or Reddit’s /r/Welding/ can often be the best way to go.
Industry Specific Hazards
MCR Safety equips safety professionals with some vital information. Our dedicated industry landing pages highlight the many hazards specific industries face. Here is a couple of our first two created, with numerous other industries found once you click on any image. Click the images and see how we stand behind our statement, We Protect People!
Are You Ready to Save This Link?
At MCR Safety, we pride ourselves on providing excellent information. We hope the above information will keep you informed and help keep workers safe. Making people safer on the job and protecting people is what we love to do.
Click the below image to leave us comments, questions, or any concerns.
REQUEST A DISTRIBUTOR QUOTE
TRY IT OUT
For over 45 years, MCR Safety has proven to be a world leader in gloves, glasses, and garments. Whether it's launching fireworks, carrying broken glass, or using dangerous tools at a construction site, we are there providing solutions to workplace hazards. It's all part of our commitment to protect people.
No matter your industry, we have the personal protective equipment you need.
Learn more about MCR Safety by checking out our most recent video. For more information, browse our website, request a catalog, find a distributor, or give us a call at 800-955-6887.