This Accounts Receivable Analyst will have primary and/or secondary responsibility for assisting the Deduction / Short pay process and assisting with managing customer accounts receivables payment posting process. This is a full-time position.
- Assisting in managing the Short Pay Process. Ensure that customer short payments are properly documented for tracking and accountability purposes and reconciled to system balances. This includes running various reports, researching and documenting discrepancies as well as distributing the same to appropriate individuals and departments as directed.
- Communicate directly with key accounts via email and phone to facilitate the resolution of assigned A/R transactions. This will include packaging required documentation such as invoices, packing slips, BOLs, and PODs and submitting to the customer in the required format that allows for customer repayment or resolution.
- Perform research to determine the validity of customer payment disputes and follow-up on all assigned outstanding deductions on through to final resolution.
- Perform daily posting of customer payments and balancing of checks, wires, ACH, EFT and credit card payments. This also includes maintaining balanced journals of all daily payments.
- Review all credit memos issued prior to mailing and update customer invoice/credit notes to include proper document references and applying those to related outstanding balances/deductions as applicable.
- Be able to perform as a back-up resource in the absence of other department personnel.
- Support the Accounts Receivable Coordinator as needed.
- Act as a resource person to tax and bank auditors during reviews related to customer account issues.
- Perform special projects and additional tasks as needed.
- Maintain multiple tasks at once and practice effective time management.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize job functions and demonstrate flexibility in performing essential functions.
- Knowledge of SAP preferred
- Very effective organizational & multi-tasking skills
- Must have working knowledge of Windows and Word / Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Education: Business or related degree preferred.
- Experience: 3 years of high-volume Accounts Receivable & dispute resolution experience.