Corporate Accountant performs functions and support services in accounting and in documenting financial transactions.
- Protects assets by monitoring maintenance of internal controls and procedures.
- Coordinates with multiple foreign subsidiaries to maintain and control uniform chart of accounts and account mapping.
- Maintains and controls financial statement formatting and reporting.
- Monitors adherence to departmental budgets, analyzes variances and recommends corrective action.
- Performs on-site internal audits of all subsidiaries on an annual or as needed basis.
- Assists and coordinates with external auditors to ensure audits are executed in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions, resolving discrepancies.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information, preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Perform independent research for presentation to management & make recommendations for action.
- Knowledge of SAP /Power BI preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus/preference, but not required
- Self-starter with attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and interpersonal skills
- Ability to compile and analyze data and prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Must have working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Effective oral & written communication skills
- 3-5 years accounting experience
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Experience with accounting consolidation systems is required, preferably with SAP
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Previous experiences with Mergers & Acquisitions a plus
- Background in multi-currency and multi-entity preferred
- Experience with a publicly traded company preferred
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed during weekends and holidays to comply with corporate reporting deadlines